The 2023 French Open draw is out, and it’s the primary time since 2004 that there’s no Rafael Nadal within the record of 128 gamers.
The event kicks off on Sunday, twenty eighth Could, and sees Novak Djokovic land in the identical half as Carlos Alcaraz after being ran into the third seed spot after Daniil Medvedev’s Rome title notched him up 1000 rating factors.
Within the backside half, Medvedev is joined by Casper Ruud, the fourth seed, and he’s projected to satisfy the Russian within the semi-final. He might need to see off Holger Rune first, giving him an opportunity to avenge his loss on the Italian Open final week.
You may see the record of seeds and full draw under.
- Identify: French Open / Roland Garros
- Dates: Could twenty eighth – June eleventh 2023
- Floor: Outside Clay
- Draw: Singles 128 / Doubles 64
- Class: Grand Slam
- Complete Prize Cash: €43.9 million women and men mixed.
2023 French Open Seeds
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Daniil Medvedev
- Novak Djokovic
- Casper Ruud
- Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Holger Rune
- Andrey Rublev
- Jannik Sinner
- Taylor Fritz
- Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Karen Khachanov
- Frances Tiafoe
- Hubert Hurkacz
- Cameron Norrie
- Borna Coric
- Tommy Paul
- Lorenzo Musetti
- Alex de Minaur
- Roberto Bautista Agut
- Daniel Evans
- Jan-Lennard Struff
- Alexander Zverev
- Francisco Cerundolo
- Sebastian Korda
- Botic van de Zandschulp
- Denis Shapovalov
- Yoshihito Nishioka
- Grigor Dimitrov
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina
- Ben Shelton
- Miomir Kecmanovic
- Bernabe Zapata Miralles
2023 French Open Draw
- C.Alcaraz (1) vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- C.O’Connell vs T.Daniel
- M.Arnaldi vs DE.Galan
- B.Nakashima vs D.Shapovalov (26)
- L.Musetti (17) vs M.Ymer
- A.Shevchenko vs O.Otte
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- B.Paire (W) vs C.Norrie (14)
- F.Auger-Aliassime (10) vs F.Fognini
- J.Kubler vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs M.Cressy
- M.Mcdonald vs S.Korda (24)
- B.Zapata Miralles (32) vs D.Schwartzman
- J.Isner vs N.Borges
- R.Carballes Baena vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- J.Vesely vs S.Tsitsipas (5)
- N.Djokovic (3) vs A.Kovacevic
- M.Fucsovics vs H.Grenier (W)
- L.Van Assche vs M.Cecchinato
- A.Fils (W) vs A.Davidovich Fokina (29)
- R.Bautista Agut (19) vs Y.Wu
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs JP.Varillas
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs T.Griekspoor
- D.Goffin vs H.Hurkacz (13)
- Okay.Khachanov (11) vs C.Lestienne
- P.Kypson (W) vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- S.Wawrinka vs A.Ramos-Vinolas
- T.Kokkinakis (W) vs D.Evans (20)
- B.Shelton (30) vs L.Sonego
- A.Mannarino vs U.Humbert
- A.Cazaux (W) vs C.Moutet
- L.Djere vs A.Rublev (7)
- H.Rune (6) vs C.Eubanks
- G.Monfils vs S.Baez
- G.Mpetshi Perricard (W) vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs M.Kecmanovic (31)
- F.Cerundolo (23) vs J.Munar
- T.Monteiro vs B.Bonzi
- R.Gasquet vs A.Rinderknech
- M.Mmoh vs T.Fritz (9)
- T.Paul (16) vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- N.Jarry vs H.Dellien
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs M.Giron
- J.Lehecka vs JL.Struff (21)
- B.Van De Zandschulp (25) vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- Z.Zhang vs D.Lajovic
- A.Bublik vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs C.Ruud (4)
- J.Sinner (8) vs A.Muller
- D.Altmaier vs MA.Huesler
- E.Ruusuvuori vs G.Barrere
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs G.Dimitrov (28)
- A.Zverev (22) vs L.Harris
- H.Gaston (W) vs A.Molcan
- A.Popyrin vs Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q)
- F.Krajinovic vs F.Tiafoe (12)
- B.Coric (15) vs F.Coria
- D.Thiem vs P.Cachin
- J.Draper vs TM.Etcheverry
- I.Ivashka vs A.De Minaur (18)
- Y.Nishioka (27) vs JJ.Wolf
- M.Purcell vs J.Thompson
- Q.Halys vs G.Pella
- Qualifier/Fortunate Loser (Q) vs D.Medvedev (2)
Ideas on the Draw
Within the high half of the draw, Alcaraz sits as the highest seed, and he has a manageable draw, probably going through Cameron Norrie, one of many few gamers to beat the Spaniard this 12 months within the fourth spherical.
Tstisipas is the second-highest seed in Alcaraz’s quarter. There don’t look like too many roadblocks for the Greek, with Auger-Aliassime struggling for kind together with a number of different North People on this part, like Korda and Isner, who aren’t strong performers on clay, so I’d be stunned to not see an Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas final eight conflict.
Djokovic slots in because the third seed within the backside part of the highest half, with Andrey Rublev as his seeded quarter-final opponent.
The 2-time champion additionally has a really manageable draw. He might face Davidovich Fokina within the third spherical, which could possibly be attention-grabbing, however I’m not certain Fokina can select the correct photographs to play over 5 units to defeat Djokovic.
Hurkazcs is Djokovic’s seeded fourth-round opponent, however the Pole has been underwhelming the previous couple of weeks and hasn’t been previous the final sixteen at any of the 4 clay courtroom tournaments he has performed.
Andrey Rublev is the seventh seed and can face Laslo Djere within the first spherical, which is a tricky opening match. Ought to he get by way of that and progress additional, Karen Khachanov is a possible foe within the fourth spherical.
Former champion Stan Wawrinka can also be on this part however must come by way of Albert Ramos-Vinolas within the first spherical, which isn’t a straightforward job because the Spaniard makes you’re employed for each single level.
Within the backside half of the draw, Daniil Medvedev grabbed the 2nd seed spot because of his efficiency in Rome and can face a qualifier in his opening match,
The Russian might face Etchverry within the third spherical, who ought to give him a recreation, and Borna Coric is his seeded fourth-round opponent. The Croat is but to make it previous the third spherical in Paris in seven earlier makes an attempt, in order that part seems to be fairly huge open.
Dominic Thiem, who snook into the draw through direct acceptance, can also be on this backside quarter and can face Pedro Cachin. Like Wawrinka vs Ramos-Vinolas, this isn’t a straightforward match for the previous finalist.
Within the high part of the underside half, Casper Ruud is the fourth seed and will face Sascha Bublik within the second spherical, which proved an thrilling match in Rome.
He might then face Botic van de Zandschulp within the third spherical earlier than a fourth spherical with Jan Lennard Struff, now seeded 21 after his epic run in Madrid.
Ruud’s Rome conqueror, Holger Rune, is his seeded quarter-final opponent, with solely actually Francisco Cerundolo or Taylor Fritz able to troubling him earlier than reaching that stage.
So, no Nadal signifies that Novak has a big alternative to seize his third French Open or for another person to step as much as the plate.
The French can play fairly in a different way, so we’ll little doubt see some upsets and possibly a few of the larger hitters doing effectively within the early rounds.
First-Spherical Matches of Be aware
- Jan-Lennard Struff (21) vs Jiri Lehecka
- Cameron Norrie (14) vs Benoit Paire
- Stan Wawrinka vs Albert Ramos-Vinolas
- Dominic Thiem vs Pedro Cachin
What are your ideas on the draw? Let me know within the feedback.